Wednesday 11 April 2012

DIY Studded Collar.

I was going to create a collar but I saw this red shirt at a charity shop and thought it was too thin too starch. So I added the studs to the corners of the shirt.

This is the ebay store I bought my studs from although they did take about 2-3 weeks till they arrived so don't buy these if you want them instantly: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/170792760970?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649
It was £2.15 for 20 studs with screw backs. 
There is ALOT of choice for studs so have a look. 

At first I thought these may be too big for the shirt but they look fine so don't be put off by the MASSIVE stud. 

Here's what you need: 
Studs.
Make sure you have enough and you keep the backs in the bag as they are so easy to loose.

Nail Clippers. Yes you heard me right, I slightly pulled the shirt on both sides and didn't cut them and pushed the back through so they were more secure. Feel free to use scissors just don't get too scissor-happy.


Shirt of choice, if you don't have one head to your nearest charity shop.



I didn't use a pen to mark my studs but in hindsight this would have been easier it took me about ten minutes to match up the studs and make sure they were all even.

I decided to start with the corner and work my way up.
I did one side then mirrored the back for the other. 
(I hope they look symmetrical)
Push the back screw through once clipped the area the screw the top till firm.  You can use a screw driver to make sure they don't fall off.



How the back should look:



  The Finished Product:



My next one I'll definitely cut the collar of and create a studded collar minus the shirt. I was going to cover the whole collar but I quite like the corners effect. 
Plus I have eight left!



Good luck creating your own DIY collar!!


XO

24 comments:

  1. Great idea. Looks fab :-)

    Holli x
    Dragonmommy123.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great result, thanks for sharing!!!
    stephanie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a good post, the collar looks brill! Definitely need to get on studding some collars!

    wishfulsinfulyou.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks lovely, Send me your attempts! xo

      Delete
  4. THat color is so neat! Love it! I wore a pink shirt that color to work and got many compliments! You did a great job adding to it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I would never have picked it before but I love it :) xo

      Delete
  5. that looks really cool and expensive.very cool x

    ReplyDelete
  6. So in love with studdsss<3333
    Your shirt look coller with that studs:D
    Nice blog, u have:D

    Following ya:D
    It'll be so nice, if you follow me back:)

    Have a sparkling day!
    xoxo.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Following your lovely blog now :)
      Thank you

      xo

      Delete
  7. great post! love the studs

    just started following! id love for you to check my blog out and possibly follow!

    notoriouseyes.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. cool d-i-y idea dear!! thx for sharing
    btw if u like lets fllw each other
    jessillesilv.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. nice collar DIY!

    Wanna follow each other sweetie? Hope you want yaaa..

    Have a nice day!
    LOVE U!

    ReplyDelete
  10. this looks so good lauren! doing the studs yourself is such a good idea because i often think the price for items with such details is unjustified for what the clothing item is. doing it yourself is much more frugal, for sure.

    i love how the lipstick matches, too! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you lovely :) haha cheeky bit of matching xo

      Delete
  11. I have always wanted to stud my collared tops! I really love how you did yours. xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love this, such a good idea! Great blog, I'm following :)x

    teacuptoast.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Leave me a comment...