Monday 17 September 2012

Burberry Prorsum SS13


As I headed to London I was unaware of what I would see would it be a bold print a la Mary Katrantzou, a lilac sensation such as Temperly?
I was unaware, however I did know one thing I expected.
A new reveal of the SS13 Burberry trench coat.
With high expectations I headed to Kensington Gardens.
The host of a beautiful marquee for the Burberry Prorsum SS13 lfw show.
The back of the runway was filled with a pretty London city skyline (complete with Burberry stores) fitting in with the popup invites it was only fitting that the back of the catwalk was the same, however with a moving clock.

A smart ivory carpet hosted the walkway into the show with the compulsory separate walkway for the rich and famous.

When I walked in Jo Elvin was sat on the front row, looking fabulous I might add. I have to begrudgingly admit, I was genuinely star struck, so being super cool I awkwardly smiled and tottered off!

The show seemed to be all about the rich and famous taking centre stage with the beautiful Dita Von Teese, Harry Styles, Andy Murray and his girlfriend Kim Sears, Samantha Cameron and the queen of fashion Anna Wintour herself. 


Back to the fashion though, Christopher Bailey stand and take a bow. The rich choice of colours were fueled by textures and volume. Everything was sophisticated, simple and slightly sexy.
Yes you heard me, sexy!

The bum cheeks were out!
With short shorts shocking the viewers.
(Before everyone reaches for the hotpants remember classy is the only way to wear these bad boys)

The sumptuous fabrics created strong looks with it centering the waist. Clinching in the waist with a corset or a tying the trench with a belt to create a lady like figure. 
The cape is back although in a mini version that falls just below the shoulders for the chld in every woman. Say hello to the capelet!

The trench is still here except in a range of metallic rainbow colours, choose to your mood.
So don't go chucking any metallic out of your wardrobe just yet!
A subtle ombre and sizzling perspex bags are a must have!

Green is the colour of a Burberry SS 13.

It's intriguingly flattering and oddly compelling to see a new colour take the limelight.
('scuse the pun)
As a sea of green took to the runway the palette was vast from emerald greens to a city khaki, a pretty turquoise transcending to the ultimate greenest of greens.

All in one colours created bold and dynamic outfits.
With two tones recreated but with more spice and style.
The colours were rich and stood out amongst the original opening white outfit.
Dazzling hot pinks, deep purples, subtle lilacs, powerful reds,
the stunningly bold burgundy, peacock petrol blue, tangy orange and the proud London gold created an intoxicatingly colourful catwalk.
However natural hues of camel, white, ivory and brown didn't fade into the background.

Burberry has done London and British fashion proud.
Showcasing our diverse and dynamic attitude to colour, fashion and life.
















 

[SAMANTHA CAMERON]



 

[VICTORIA PENDLETON AND ALISON MOSSHART]



[ANNA WINTOUR!!]


Note to self:
I have to say I was naively surprised by the amount of Burberry trenches in the audience.
Not in the front row! I myself thought people wouldn't be that obvious would they?!?!
Yes. Yes they would.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me a comment...