Thursday 6 June 2013

NEXT Blogger for GFW 2013

Next had a competition to take bloggers to Graduate Fashion Week.
It was a great surprise and Ellie from NEXT and Tash from JAM were such great hosts.

The other blog winner was Amber and blogger guest Ngoni(NRC).
Both of their blogs are incredible and they are truly amazing ladies.
Although Ambers tales of motherhood have scared me!
We all met at Byron where we had the biggest feast!
I had an amazing Byron burger, which I recommend to all! And the biggest Oreo Milkshake!
We then rolled our way to Earls Court.
 
It was great to see my work at GFW, with my Uni Stand for the University of Huddersfield.
Here is some shameless promotion with our contact sheets created by Milly Mae Van Os.



Zara Martin and Henry Holland were the hosts for GFW and I must say Zara Martin is just flawless!


 The George Gold Award was won by Lauren Smith from the Edinburgh College of Art.
Roland Mouret stated it as an emotional collection.
The collection was beautiful with gorgeous use of colour, fabrics and silhouettes.
The structured fities lines with stylish prints and a Japanese twist.
  
 



The Winner of the Womenswear Award was Hannah Williams from UCA Epsom.
Her collection was simple and exaggerated. 
Muted tones mixed with strong silhouette shapes created a contemporary collection.



 The Zandra Rhodes Textile Award Winner was Kirandeep Bassan of Northampton University.
Her collection was bold and hypnotic with bright colours.




The Menswear Award Winner was Shauni Douglas & Olivia Creber from the Edinburgh College of Art.
Their memorable collection was emphasised with the playful, long moustaches.

 


The Stuart Peters Visionary Knitwear Award Winner was Thea Saunders from Nottingham Trent University.


Hilary Alexander presented the incredible Suzy Menkes with the Lifetime Achievement Award.


I'm just going to have a quick DAVID GANDY moment!!
The man, the model, the vision. And it has to be said he is one handsome chap.


FROW - Zandra Rhodes, Hilary Alexander, David Gandy, Todd Lynn,
Fiona Lambert, Suzy Menkes and Roland Mouret.


Zandra Rhodes left in an humble manner, driving herself in Peugot 106.
I left on a train, occupied with my George and Company goodie bags.


 A last thankyou to NEXT for making it such an unforgettable day! Thanks Guys :)
George at ASDA did such an amazing job at gfw this year!
Unfortunately I didn't leave with David Gandy but his loss, ey ;)



 WARNING:
Unfortunately, I only found my camera half way through and I apologise to you for my awful photography.
Head over to http://www.iamnrc.com/ for some genuinely good images.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me a comment...